Dunedin Land-based Casino NZ
If you’re looking for land-based casino entertainment on New Zealand’s South Island, the Dunedin land-based casino NZ is the place to go. The casino was established in the Southern Cross Hotel amidst opulent surroundings and breathtaking interior features. The casino was created with Dunedin’s Victorian and Edwardian architectural styles which brings the grandeur and grace of yesteryear to the 21st century. The lavish atmosphere sets the stage for casino entertainment where players enjoy their favourite games amidst elegant gaming rooms and original mosaic floors. A sweeping grand staircase creates a beautiful centre, allowing gamers to ascend to the glass dome roof.
Dunedin is one of New Zealand’s most picturesque cities and offers a wonderful locale for New Zealanders and other visitors from around Asia and the Pacific to come and experience genuine casino entertainment with great prizes.
The Dunedin casino is open 7 days a week. It opens at 11:00 a.m. and stays open until the 3:00a.m. It’s located in the heart of the city and is easily accessible by public or private transportation.
Dunedin Casino Games
The Dunedin casino features all of the most popular table games including classic games and 21st century adaptations. There are also 180 electronic gaming machines for all levels of play. Some of the most favoured of these games include:
- Caribbean Stud Poker – make your bets with chips, not cash. Ante up with your first bet and if you think your hand will beat the Dealer’s, you make another bet that doubles your Ante. Alternately, you can fold which means that you forfeit your ante. You can also bluff and bet that the dealer has no hand. If the dealer doesn’t have at least a King and an ace you’ll receive even money on your Ante bet if you didn’t fold. Payouts range starts with pairs and goes on to 2 pairs, 3 of a kind, straight, flush, full house,& 4 of a kind, straight flush and royal flush.
This game also offers the possibility of a progressive jackpot bet. For an extra $1 you can play for the progressive jackpot and win the whole prize if your hand comes up a flush, full house, four of a kind, straight flush or royal flush. You’ll win $100 for a Flush, $150 for a Full House, $500 for 4 of a kind, 10% of the jackpot pool for a straight flush and 100 of the jackpot pool for a royal flush.
- Baccarat — two cards are dealt to two hands, the banker and the Player. Sometimes an additional card is dealt. You bet on the hand that you believe will receive the highest total or that both hands will tie. Aces count as 1, picture cards as 10 and all other cards are face value.
- Blackjack – At the Dunedin casino blackjack is played with six to eight decks of cards. Players place their bets and receive 2 cards face up. The dealer also receives 2 cards face up. You want to beat the dealer by creating a hand whose value exceeds that of the dealer without going over a total of 21. Picture cards count as 10 and aces are either 1 or 11. Other cards are face value. An ace and a picture card trumps all other cards as a blackjack combination.
You can double your hand, split your hand or take out insurance. You can also play a variation of blackjack – Perfect Pairs Blackjack – where the payoff is based on your pairs – you get 5 to 1 if you have a pair with two different coloured cards (mixed pair), 10 to 1 if you get a coloured pair in which the pair includes the same colour cards but different suits and 30 to 1 if you have a perfect pair, two cards of the same suit.
- Roulette – The Dunedin Casino features American Roulette in which you play with a roulette wheel that has 2 zeros. You place your chips on the number of the wheel where you predict that a tossed ball will land. If the ball lands on that number, you win. You can place straight up bets that have a 35 to 1 ratio of winning, a split bet that has a 17 to 1 ratio of winning, Street bets that have an 11 to 1 ratio of winning, a Corner bet that has an 8 to 1 ratio of wining, a Sixline bet that has a 5 to 1 ratio of winning or columns or dozens bets that have a 2 to 1 ratio of winning. Bet that have even money ratios are the odds and even bets and the colour (reds or blacks) bets.
- Pokies — Dunedin Casino a wide variety of state of the art electronic gaming. There are pokies for all gaming levels and betting levels including 1c, 2c, 5c, 10c, 20c, 50c and $1.00 games. Players have their choices of 180 pokies NZ which provide all of the fun and excitement of 21st century high-tech entertainment.
Dunedin Casino events take place daily, weekly and monthly. On Thursdays the Cash Connection runs between 12:00 p.m. and 12:00a.m. with $100 cash draws. Fridays are Friday Flash days with draws for jackpots totaling $500. Saturday Night Fever runs every Saturday night with prize draws ranging form $125 early in the evening to $375 at midnight and $500 at 1:00a.m. Sundays are Super Sundays at the Dunedin casino where Club members achieve triple bonus points when they play at the tables or at the gaming machines between 11:00a.m. and 6:00p.m. The Super Sunday draws also include half-hour draws, starting at 1:30a.m. for prizes that can reach 10,000 bonus points. The week moves on with Triple Tuesdays where you can earn triple points plus join the draw for 5000 bonus points. Draws take place every hour from mid-day to midnight. There are also weekly poker tournaments on Wednesday and Thursdays plus cash games on the weekends.
The Dunedin casino is open 7 days a week. It opens at 11:00 a.m. and stays open until the 3:00a.m. It’s located in the heart of the city and is easily accessible by public or private transportation. The Dunedin Casino asks visitors to be respectful of the Dunedin Casino dress code which is neat and casual-formal.
South Island residents and visitors can enjoy high quality casino entertainment at the Dunedin land-based casino NZ.